Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 1 post ]   
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:39 am 
Site Admin

These are Dr. Lynne August's pod-cast transcripts on lipids and Dr. Reveci's Protocols"

https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/852499.rss

Quote:
PUFAs - Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids
February 04, 2020 Lynne August MD Season 2020 Episode 1

As a fairly young physician, I learned of a study that turned my head around. There were brothers. Irish brothers, one of whom stayed in Ireland and the other moved to Boston. Those men in Ireland ate cream, butter, meat, an extremely rich diet in saturated fats and cholesterol. While the ones in Boston did not. They ate PUFAs. Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids. That is vegetable oils. The brothers, the men in Ireland had much fewer heart attacks then those in Boston.

At the same time, I was receiving a campampaing from the American Heart and Lung Association. A campaign to say that cholesterol and saturated fats cause heart disease. Then a bit later, I learned that these brown spots as we get older, on our skin, are caused by PUFAs. And the browns spots are not only on our skin . They are also internal, including on our brian.

What to do? First and foremost, minimize and to the extent possible eliminate PUFAs. THis means all vegetables oils with the exception of olive oil. All these oils go rancid, turn into Free Radicals when exposed to heat, light and air. So, even if they’re cold pressed and the heat is less, they’re still exposed to air and light invariably. Another source fo PUFAs is packaged foods. Avoid packaged foods and probably best to avoid fish capsules, fish oil capsules, EPA, DHA capsules, these are Omega-3s and Omega-3s are much more highly oxidized, much more highly rancids than Omega-6s. There’s enough research out there to say beware. The Omega-3s in these capsules, they’re likely to turn to toxic metabolites by the time they hit the blood.

So, eat saturated fats. There’s coconut oil. Although, it doesn’t have all the benefits of the animal saturated fats coconut oil is good. Palm oil would be much better except for the fact there’s massive deforestation now to meet the worldwide needs of palm oil. So, that leaves meat, dairy, eggs, poultry, butter. Now, these meats, these products, they’re only about 40% saturated fats, and the rest are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated. But, the polyunsaturated are in the foods, they’re not extracted, so they’re much safer, they’re nutrients. And if the poultry or the meat is pasture raised then the meat, the poultry and the products, the eggs the dairy have a nice palance of Omega-3 and Omega-6. I can’t over emphasized the importance of saturated fats. They’re great for the immune system, the digestive system, the nervous system, providing fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K and for every cell in the body. Because saturated fats make up 50%, ideally, of the fats in the cell membranes and cell membranes are th e brains of the cell. If you’ve been exposed, knowingly or unknowingly to a lot of PUFAs you might want to know how much free radical activity there is in your body. Of course it’s not only PUFAs that cause free radical activity it’s any toxins any exposures that are foriegn to the body. Whether it be in the air the water the food or the skin. We calculate your free radical activity as par of the calculation to determine your Inflammation on the Inflammation Calculator. So, if you’ve had a Inflammation Calculator or would like to get one call the office and ask what is my free radical activity score. It’s a good thing to monitor short term and long term because at the end of the day it’s the root of so many diseases. Good Day!

Note in this pod-cast that she does not differentiate between adulterated PUFAs and unadulterated PUFAs! That is the main variable that she does not take into consideration. We must have good PUFAs to survive!

--------------------

Quote:
Acid Urine Pain
February 04, 2020 Lynne August MD Season 2020 Episode 2

To determine whether to use Flame Quell, fatty alcohols, or MGS, bivalent negative sulfur, for acid pain we must know whether the acidity is caused by excess fatty acids or excess anti-fatty acids. There is a ‘dynamic oscillatory balance” between fatty acids and anti-fatty acids. In a healthy metabolism, the oscillation is between the ongoing formation and cleavage of cholesterol-fatty acid esters.

*Since Urine pH corresponds to tissue pH we are looking at this balance in tissues.

*Fatty acids acidify tissue and urine.

*Cholesterol alkalizes tissues, by binding, neutralizing fatty acids

Actually, there is more than polar bonding between fatty acids and anti-fatty acids.

There is “stearic coupling” between the energetic centers of the fatty acid molecule and cholesterol. The well-known metabolites of arachidonic acid - PGE 2, thromboxane, prostacyclin and leukotrienes - are made from these energetic centers.

*A healthy diurnal urine pH.

*Cholesterol is highest at 4 AM, yielding a urine pH greater than 6.2. *Conversely, free fatty acids peak at 8-9 PM, yielding a urine pH less than 6.2.

-----------------

Quote:
Acid Urine: Inflammation or Anaerobic Metabolism
February 10, 2020 Lynne August MD Season 2020 Episode 4

In our our last recording on YouTube we went into how the pH of the urine is the same as the pH of the tissue, use the pH of the urine to see if the tissues are acid or alkaline because they’re going to be either one or the other, in pain and then you treat accordingly. So, we looked at two cases of acid urine, they had different causes, one from lactic acid from anaerobic metabolism and one from excess fatty acid activity. They were treated respectively with negative bivalent sulfur, MGS and fatty alcohols, Flame Quell. There we were using urine pH to treat pain but we were not treating their respective diseases or diagnosis. The woman with the fatty acid urine, osteoarthritis, yes the fatty alcohols will reduce the inflammation and it certainly corrected, actually got rid of the pain, gets rid of the pain as it still does. But, it doesn’t reduce the osteoarthritis aggressively enough or sufficiently enough. For that, we want to add Lipid-bound Sulfur. The advantage of the Lipid-bound Sulfur is the sulfur will go exactly where the inflammation, the lesions are. We’ve used this many a time for people who with osteoarthritis that’s affecting this joint and that joint, particularly in the hands it works great. Again, it goes to the lesion. To determine the appropriate lipid for the man with the metastatic cancer, we looked at a Health Equations Blood Test Evaluation. The reason we looked at that is because it has two indices, one index shows the activity of fatty acids and the other index shows the activity of anti-fatty acids. Now anti-fatty acids includes, primarily, cholesterol but there is other anti-fatty acids too, some of the hormones, the steroids in our body and some of their metabolites as well as sterols in the diet. So, we want to look at the activity of these two sets of lipids. We don’t want to quantitative them. Their activity is of utmost importance. With the man with the cancer we found that his anti-free radical activity score was really high, it was more than a 100. His free radical activity was 25. So, you look at both and you see which is the highest. The treatment of choice here is the Lipid-bound Selenium. The reason for that choice is we also documented, not only did this man have a low serum potassium, but he had a high red blood cell potassium, so we documented this shift from extra to inter-cellular. Only if you’ve documented this shift do you want to use selenium for cancer. You can learn more about this in an article on the DrRevici.com site, Risks and Benefits of Potassium Supplementation. You don’t want to give more than maintenance dose as on the Lipid-bound Selenium bottle. You don’t want to give more than maintenance dose, prevention dose of selenium, in someone with cancer. Unless, you have this shift documented on the cellular level. Then we can go with much higher doses. Perhaps you’ve noticed that both cases that we’ve discussed, although they’re very different and the causes for their acid urine are different and the treatments for their pain are different and for their diagnosis are different, you’ll notice they have something in common. They both have high fatty acids. In the woman with osteoarthritis the fatty acids are causing her pain and advancing her disease. In the man, his defense against the fatty acids is causing his pain and contributing to his disease. So, that’s what were talking about next time: Why these two people have such elevated fatty acids and it’s a very important discussion in lieu of the fact that we now know that most, if not all, chronic, degenerative disease, chronic disease, chronic symptoms, initiate with inflammation. Until then, good day.

---------------

Quote:
Nerve Pain After Shingles (Postherpetic Neuralgia)
March 29, 2020 Lynne August MD Season 2020 Episode 5

Two weeks ago, I decided to send the remaining Lipid-bound Sulfur, that I had in the office, to a couple of doctors who have worked with us over the years and who have a deep appreciation for Dr. Revici’s work. We were about to close the office because of the coronavirus and I wanted the Lipid-bound Sulfur in the hands of doctors who could give to people who’s symptoms were escalating from the coronavirus. My thinking was this, the Lipid-bound Sulfur can oxidize the leukotrienes. Leukotrienes are as Dr. Revici named them conjugated trienic fatty acids, which means they’re extremely powerful inflammatory fatty acids. In fact, so powerful that Dr. Revici called them pathologic because they cause irreversible damage. Other inflammatory fatty acids cause damage, changes that are all reversible. Lipid-bound Sulfur will actually oxidize and therefore stop, disable leukotrienes. My thinking is that leukotrienes are escalating uncontrollably in someone who's symptoms from the virus are uncontrollable and can lead to death.

Well, one of these doctors, Michael, a few days after he received the Lipid-bound Sulfur, he actually used it himself. Not because he had corona but because he was awakened at midnight, with very severe pain, in his left eye and he decided to try it. He got immediate relief. Yes, he had to take another dose but he got a full night’s sleep and used another dose the next day for a hint of symptoms but has had none since. The same mechanism I believe was at play with the postherpetic neuralgia (nerve pain after shingles), that Michael had. Postherpetic neuralgia, that simply means he has pain, nerve pain in the places where he previously had herpes, in his case Herpes Zoster. Now it turns out, you see in the news, that it’s been recognized that floods, storms of cytokines are the cause of the lung demise with the coronavirus. And then connection, leukotrienes actually regulate the production and the release of cytokines, so you have to go to the source. We now have the Lipid-bound Sulfur available to doctors who would like to use this for the coronavirus. I will stand by doctors and instruct them and guide them through its use. I’m particularly keen on making the Lipid-bound Sulfur available, to those who are themselves exposed to the virus so they can use if for their family, themselves, friends, co-workers as well as patients if the situation allows.

This precedent for this, Dr. Revici used the Lipid-bound Sulfur to treat people who stopped smoking, in order to abate their symptoms and he used it in alcohol withdrawal for the same purpose. In both of those situations its the leukotrienes that are causing the symptoms. He used Lipid-bound Selenium in drug withdrawal, in order to oxidize the leukotrienes. In withdrawal from smoking, from alcohol, from drugs there is a tremendous amount of leukotrienes, catabolic fatty acids, that have risen in the body in response to the anabolic smoke or alcohol or drugs and once the smoking, alcohol or drugs stop at that point they have to...There’s all these leukotrienes that need to be neutralized, in order to control the symptoms and heal. So, if anyone is interested in getting the Lipid-bound Sulfur, please contact Felista. Well, she’s not at the office but contact Felista at service@healthequations.com or call 802-365-9213 and take care.

----------------

Quote:
Glycerol: A Necessary Home Remedy Now
April 09, 2020 Lynne August MD Season 2020 Episode 6

Inflammatory fatty acids are the first responders to a viral infection and they cause the first symptoms to a viral infection. Less fatty acids are less symptoms, less symptoms while your body develops immunity. Glycerol neutralizes fatty acids. It disables them, so, glycerol reduces symptoms and sometimes eliminates them too. Glycerol has three OH, Hydroxy or alcohol groups that are positively charged. These three positively charged groups attract the negative charges at the end of fatty acids. When the two bind the fatty acids are disabled. When glycerol, which has three hydroxyl groups to bind fatty acids. When it binds one it’s a monoglyceride. When it binds two it’s a diglyceride and when it binds three it’s a triglyceride. This is very natural and very physiologic. It is not a drug.

I recommend glycerol a lot. For example in January, for my then 16 month old grandson, we gave him glycerol for a lingering cough after a cold, a URI he had the previous month. We gave him ⅛ teaspoon, three times a day. The cough subsided within twenty four hours. We continued the therapy for another four days and stopped. No symptoms since.

I also recommend glycerol for those with cardiovascular risk or cardiovascular disease and especially those with high cholesterol. High cholesterol is an indicator that there are inflammatory fatty acids running amok. The cholesterol’s purpose is its attempt to neutralize the fatty acids. Dr. Revici found that giving glycerol actually reduced the cholesterol. But, that was awhile ago and things are much more complicated now. So, I would not recommend it as a cholesterol lowering drug but as part of a regimen. For people with cardiovascular risk or disease, I recommend ¼ teaspoon, three times a day. Glycerol is much overlooked home remedy.

We have to address then, is it toxic? I have never seen any side affects from glycerol. But, if you look it up on the web there’s talk of headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. However, I could not find how much it took to cause those side affects. Since glycerol is sometimes used for hydration or constipation, I suspect those doses are quite a bit higher than what I’m recommending here.

I woke up this morning to a text, from a friend who has a fever of 102 and cough. So, I recommended ¼ teaspoon of glycerol four times a day, spread out over his waking hours. I also recommended ¼ teaspoon twice a day, for his wife who is totally asymptomatic and we want to stay ahead of the symptoms. Many of you hearing this probably don’t have glycerol at home and my office is closed. So unfortunately, we can’t send any to you. If possible you could get it on Amazon, look for an organic that’s ideal or look for USP Grade which means pharmaceutical grade. However, it its just glycerol and no other added ingredients, most likely, it’s safe and it’ll do the job for you. I’m wishing you all, all the best.

-----------------

Quote:
Fatty Acid Antagonists for COVID
April 21, 2020 Lynne August MD Season 2020 Episode 7

FATTY ACID ANTAGONISTS in COVID

Inflammatory fatty acids, including leukotrienes, are produced in the lung when infected with a virus. Current literature suggests that, in the absence of an antiviral drug, we need to find ways to decrease the production of, and develop antagonists to, these inflammatory fatty acids.

Flame Quell and Lipid-bound Sulfur are antagonists.

Fatty acids cause the symptoms when we get a cold or flu. Also when we get a splinter, tear a ligament or have an allergic reaction. Fatty acids cause redness, swelling and heat as well as congestion, sneezing, watery eyes, etc. All symptoms are the body’s attempt to get rid of the virus, allergen, damaged tissue or splinter.

In a healthy defense, once the inflammatory fatty acids have done their job they are bound by cholesterol, forming a cholesterol ester. The fatty acids are no longer active, they are no longer inflammatory.

Leukotrienes are inflammatory fatty acids that are not neutralized by cholesterol. They are neutralized however by steroids, either endogenous cortisol or exogenous prednisone and the like. Leukotrienes cause a lot of the tissue damage in autoimmune disease and steroids are often the only or most effective treatment.

Fatty acids that cause swelling, redness and upper respiratory symptoms can be neutralized and disabled by fatty alcohols. The positive charge of the polar group of fatty alcohols combines with the negative charge of fatty acids, stopping all inflammatory activity. Leukotrienes, however, are not neutralized by fatty alcohols.

Dr. Revici found extremely high leukotrienes during alcohol and smoking withdrawal and that caused the symptoms of withdrawal. He discovered that bivalent negative sulfur incorporated in a fatty acid oxidized and completely disabled leukotrienes. And he concurrently used fatty alcohols to also reduce inflammation.

Presently called cytokine storms, surges of inflammatory cytokines are considered the cause of severe escalations of symptom, even deaths, in COVID. In actuality, leukotriene tornadoes are responsible for cytokine storms.

Of note, Flame Quell is effective against inflammation in a wide array of common day situations. When used at the onset of a sore throat, cough and congestion often a cold can be averted. Or if symptoms of a cold persist, Flame Quell, in the words of one user, will ‘kick it’. Another example … if my 7 y/o granddaughter is given one dropper of Flame Quell at the start of a fever, she will be fine the next morning.

Flame Quell has also been very helpful for some with PMS. And one woman, whose migraines likely occur premenstrual, can avert a migraine with one dropper Flame Quell. But if pain mounts, she will use another dropper or two, 20 minutes apart, to end the migraine.

Also of note, since high cholesterol is the body’s response albeit ineffective to bind and therefore neutralize inflammatory fatty acids, Flame Quell is indicated to reduce risks of cardiovascular events. Not surprisingly hsCRP or highly sensitive C-reactive protein is elevated by a cytokine, Il-6 … raising the question, Might lipid-bound sulfur along with Flame Quell have a role in CVD prevention?

Inviting further discussion and consideration. A very significant drops in total, LDL and HDL cholesterol at the onset of autoimmunity and COVID have been documented. These drops do not cause these diseases … they coincide with the onset of symptoms.

Please stay in touch!

---------------

Quote:
Leukotrienes in COVID
May 12, 2020 Lynne August MD Episode 8

Leukotrienes in COVID

We begin today by discussing why and how leukotrienes are so damaging. When Dr. Revici discovered them he called them ‘conjugated trienic fatty acids’. Unlike other pro-inflammatory fatty acids, they have three parallel double bonds. It turns out this configuration of double bonds is the reason they are pathological fatty acids. Actions of other pro-inflammatory fatty acids are reversible, those of leukotrienes are not. They can be much more severe, including tissue and organ destruction in autoimmune diseases and even death!

These parallel double bonds are ideal for binding oxygen. The resulting peroxides are strong oxidizing agents, which are good for killing viruses. However, peroxides are self-propagating. Peroxides continuously make more peroxides from arachidonic acid extracted from cell membranes, destroying cell membranes, the brains of cells and this is only the beginning.

Dr. Revici observed that some peroxides, in the urine during radiotherapy, indicate the radiotherapy is effective. However, if peroxides disappear during radiotherapy, and radiotherapy is continued, the patient invariably dies! This happens when leukotrienes move from what he calls the oxygen phase to the chloride phase. Chloride ions now bind to carbons at either end of double bonds. The binding of chloride, a major anion, results in a pronounced alkalinity of cells and tissues; and, the consequent hypochloremia explains symptoms of nausea, vomiting, muscle spasms, twitching and confusion seen in COVID, possibly even the delirium now reported in 70% of patients, young and old.

Further, hypochloremia accounts for shock. In the ‘toxic shock’ now reported in children with COVID, there is very low blood pressure and inability of blood to effectively circulate oxygen. Since this is appearing one month after the surge of cases in the NY area, experts suggest the illness may be a post-infectious immune response. However, hypovolemia and low blood pressure from hypochloremia are the result of the pathological lipid defense we are describing.

Corona viruses have PLA2, phospholipase A2. Venoms of snakes, bees, wasps and spiders also contain PLA2, the mainspring of symptoms from stings and bites. PLA2 is the enzyme that extracts phospholipids from membranes. Then LOX enzymes, the lipoxygenase enzymes, oxidize arachidonic acid from these phospholipids yielding leukotrienes. Many symptoms and complications in COVID are explained by corona viruses infecting and generating leukotrienes, particularly in respiratory cells and in endothelial cells arteries throughout the body. Infection of endothelial cells in small arteries contributes to severe pulmonary complications and to the ‘pink toes’ reported in COVID. Moreover, endothelial infections are the origins of coagulopathies and hence strokes.

An analogy: you cook food at the proper temperature for the proper duration for that food and it is good. This is analogous to everyday inflammation, the kind that causes symptoms of the common cold or spring allergies, and the kind that causes heat, swelling, redness and pain when you stub your toe or get a splinter. These are all symptoms of the body resolving the problem.

Now cook it too hot or too long and it is not so good. Still edible, but “eh”…nothing improves it. This is analogous to the oxygen phase of leukotrienes. Cook it even hotter and it is charred, not edible. No chemistry, the chloride phase.

Case: 49 y/o acupuncturist living in NYC began COVID with a fever of 101.4, extreme fatigue, body aches and loss of smell and appetite. Prior to this illness she had no medical history and felt great, enjoying a healt

---------------

Quote:
Teen Treated for COVID
May 27, 2020 Lynne August MD Season 2020 Episode 9

A 17 y/o girl was treated for corona virus with Lipid-bound Sulfur, Flame Quell and glycerol. Her first symptom was tightness in her chest with some shortness of breath. When she developed generalized achiness hours later, she realized she was getting sick. Her temperature then was 102.8 and by days’ end she was markedly lethargic.

She received a dropper of Lipid-bound Sulfur and ¼ tsp glycerol with 2 droppers Fame Quell in water, four days after the onset of symptoms. Her first dose of lipids was in the evening and it was repeated the next morning. Glycerol with Flame Quell was given again midday. That afternoon, however, she developed very severe coughing spasms. Her mother gave her ¼ tsp glycerol with 2 droppers Flame Quell three times, each 20 minutes apart. Her cough stopped, completely. That evening she was back on her phone and social media, the first time in four days. She also texted a friend saying she would attend the virtual round table at her school, “now that I know I am not dying”. By the next morning her mother described her condition saying, “It’s as if it never happened”.

Remarkable features of this case:

It started with breathing difficulties only, and later achiness. There was no the fever, sore throat or cough initially as are more common.
This teen required assistance to walk and sponge bath. Extreme lethargy is a tell-tale sign of the corona virus. This teen usually remains active when ill and had only shown such lethargy one other time, earlier in her life at age seven, with a flu.
She had no known contacts or exposures. The teen was in isolation, alternately at her father’s and mother’s, 15 minutes apart in rural New England. Both households were completely quarantined for over two months; neither parent knew of any cases and there were no cases in the school the teen attends.

Comments on lipids:

Since the first dose of lipids was four days after the onset of symptoms, two droppers Lipid-bound Sulfur for the first dose and one dropper three times daily thereafter is preferred.
If the first dose of glycerol and Flame Quell alleviated the coughing spasm at all, as they did in this case, the second and third are advised as administered. However, if the first dose had not relieved her at all, still a second dose of both is warranted but a third dose is not warranted if the first two had no effect.
One dropper Lipid-bound Sulfur and glycerol with Flame Quell in water twice daily are advised for three days after the resolution of symptoms.

Had not her mother or father been “on top of her” to drink fluids, primarily tea and broth, she would have become dehydrated. Her mother also gave her electrolytes in water. If there are no electrolytes available gargling with salt water, one tsp salt in 8 oz. of water, is advised. Salt is an antiviral! Children are susceptible to shock from this virus. Leukotrienes bind chloride so less chloride is dissolved in body fluids. Chloride sustains blood pressure and body fluids. Salt provides chloride.

Stay tuned. We will be discussing other uses of Lipid-bound Sulfur and of Flame Quell. And note: all said here regarding use of these lipids in COVID applies to their application for influenza as well.

Thank you! ! !

---------------

Quote:
COVID Lipids Stop Migraine
June 25, 2020 Lynne August MD Season 2020 Episode 10

A woman in her late thirties has a history of migraines. The migraines started over 17 years ago during her first pregnancy and thereafter often occurred premenstrual. She tried multiple medications over the years and although some helped somewhat they did not prevent the inevitable two-days-down.

Approximately two years ago she began using Flame Quell for her migraines. She takes two droppers in water at the first signs of a migraine. Her first signs, called the prodrome and aura before pain, include very marked visual impairment and light sensitivity. She takes another two droppers if/when pain begins and, on occasion, two more droppers if there is still pain 15 minutes after the second dose. Flame Quell, usually two doses, has stopped all migraines.

Two weeks ago, however, she called concerned that although she had had no pain she had symptoms after taking her Flame Quell. Her symptoms included body aches, nausea and light and noise sensitivity. These are postdrome symptoms, symptoms that typically occur after migraine pain is gone. Fortunately, one dose of Lipid-bound Sulfur immediately stopped all of her symptoms that afternoon. All was well the rest of the day but she awoke with the same symptoms the next morning. One more dropper of Lipid-bound Sulfur, then she was pleasantly shocked … nothing more!

You can drink baking soda in water to relieve acid indigestion. Baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate, is very alkaline so it neutralizes, in effect removes, stomach acid. Similarly, Flame Quell neutralizes inflammatory fatty acids so they can no longer cause inflammation.

Acute inflammation can wreak havoc. Most of us have experienced congestion, sneezing, red watery eyes, fatigue, etc., from a cold or spring allergies. The prodrome, aura and pain of migraines is also acute inflammation. Flame Quell relieves acute inflammation. Therefore, Flame Quell eliminates or reduces symptoms of colds, allergies and migraines.

Flame Quell, however, did not stop the postdrome symptoms. Those symptoms were caused by different inflammatory fatty acids that are not neutralized by Flame Quell. Acute inflammatory fatty acids are typically done when they are done, they leave no trace. On the other hand, inflammatory fatty acids causing the postdrome are often chronic and permanently damaging. They need to be oxidized, destroyed, not just neutralized. Sulfur or selenium bound within fatty acids of sesame oil - Lipid-bound Sulfur and Lipid-bound Selenium - destroys them.

The inflammatory fatty acids that are damaging are called leukotrienes, “leuko-” because they are made in leukocytes or white blood cells, and “-trienes” because they have three adjacent double bonds in their carbon chain. This structure enables leukotrienes to cause irreversible damage to cells and tissues. Leukotrienes are not only operative in all chronic diseases, they can also cause acute exacerbations of chronic disease, and they can be lethal, as in Covid. Leukotrienes are operative if there is a flare up of symptoms in an autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis; during withdrawal from smoking, alcohol or opioids; in initiating and perpetuating atherosclerosis responsible for heart attacks and strokes; in neurological diseases from Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s to Alzheimer’s; and more.

Although there are medications that oppose leukotrienes, the role of leukotrienes in chronic and life-threatening disease is yet to be fully investigated and effectively treated.

Leukotrienes are also responsible for the severity of damage by influenza and Covid viruses. Lipid-bound Sulfur has reduced the severity of symptoms in Covid. The woman with migraines just happened to have Lipid-bound Sulfur on hand in case she or a famil

----------------

Quote:
Supplements in COVID
July 17, 2020 Lynne August MD Season 2020 Episode 11

Supplements in COVID
The Beta-Carotene and Retinol Efficacy Trial1, known as CARET, was a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to determine if a daily combination of 30 mg of beta-carotene and 25,000 IU of retinyl palmitate, in over 18,000 persons at high risk for lung cancer, was safe and decreased the incidence of lung cancer.
CARET began in 1985, but the Trial was terminated 21 months ahead of schedule. There was definitive evidence in 1996 of no benefit and substantial evidence of an increase in the incidence of lung cancer. In cancer, as in all disease, there is either a predominance of dysaerobic metabolism, due to pathological leukotrienes, or anaerobic metabolism, due to pathological tissue cholesterol (TCH)2. All lipids, be they Revici’s therapeutic lipid agents, hormones, supplements or dietary oils and fats, have either dysaerobic or anaerobic effects. Whereas dysaerobic lipids generate free radicals, anaerobic lipids promote anaerobic metabolism.
Dysaerobic and anaerobic effects of lipids and fat are determined by urine pH, surface tension, specific gravity and the redox potential. Beta-carotene and retinol both foster dysaerobic metabolism. Therefore, those subjects in this Trial with pathological fatty acids could develop cancer if pathological leukotrienes increased from these two supplements. And, those subjects with pathological TCH can develop cancer if their pathological TCH further increased in a defense against the dysaerobic effects of these supplements. COVID is dysaerobic metabolism. Therefore high doses of vitamin A and beta carotene are contraindicated. Since Vitamin D is also dysaerobic, daily intake should be limited to 2,000 IU, sufficient to prevent or correct deficiencies. A letter to the editor in the British Medical Journal, BMJ, this April3 describes vitamin D deficiency as an existing, ubiquitous and pressing issue, a larger relative COVID-19 causative agent than socioeconomic status for UK blacks, Asians and minority ethnic groups. Vitamin D deficiency is prevalent as well in African Americans, obesity, older individuals and care-home residents. While weekly 50,000 IU D3 might serve these groups, the letter is a plea for urgent research, including basal D levels, for this potentially simple, feasible Covid-19 mitigation remedy. In the US studies, to date, on D deficiency in COVID are considered observational, not causative. Others conclude the correlation between D deficiency and COVID outcomes disappear when adjustments are made for age, weight and socioeconomic deprivation. EPA/DHA and polyunsaturated oils/supplements are contraindicated in individuals with COVID. They are dysaerobic. Still fresh in my mind is a woman with breast cancer who was dysaerobic. EPA unfortunately exacerbated her cancer. Minerals are either dysaerobic and anaerobic. Calcium, often taken in large doses, and magnesium are both dysaerobic. 400mg/day is the recommended limit for each. 400mg/day is also the recommended dose of calcium for those with a diet deficient in calcium. Whereas magnesium is necessary in osteoporosis there is no convincing evidence that calcium is necessary or beneficial. To the contrary, high calcium–low magnesium intake leads to calcification of arteries, i.e., atherosclerosis as well as osteoporosis and osteoporotic bone fractures. Zinc on the other hand is anaerobic. Lipid-bound zinc is an anti-dysaerobic agent. Lipid-bound zinc will be delivered to cells where it is needed, to dysaerobic cells.4 Lipid-bound zinc avoids the possibility of a high zinc to copper ratio that can occur from supplementation with usual zinc supplements. Vitamin C it is neither dysaerobic nor anaerobic. For an excellent review of its use in the Prevention and Treatment of Coronavirus go to the July 7th News Release at Orthomolecular.org.⁵ 1. https://www.drrevici.com/

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 1 post ]