Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 am
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 1 post ]   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

It is my theory that the life span of the typical raw, unrefined, cold-pressed oil is extremely limited, no matter what the commercial producers may say or even if the pack their product oil in nitrogen and refrigerate immediately! It is all underestimated how time reacts with the cold-pressed seed oils to their detriment!

A personal example of what I am talking about:

I take 30 grams of a personally cold-pressed Safflower/Flax oil every day. It seems to have a definite effect on my vision which was suffering before I began this formulated supplementation. I was amazed yesterday when I drove to town that my eyes were better than ever, almost normal! Why? I have been taking 30 grams everyday for many months, just as I always have. Then it occurred to me!

I normally, just immediately placed my freshly pressed bottle directly to the frig. This last three weeks was different, I started putting my seed oil directly into the freezer after I cold-pressed it and only used the oil daily from that frozen oil since it would still pour under cold condtions, if a bit slow. That was my change and my eye sight seems to have improved doing it!

Maybe I am keeping my oil even more potent doing this rather than putting it directly into the refrigerator for its entirety of up to 3 weeks? It may deteriorate much more than I guessed under warmer refrigerator conditions? Agreed refrigerated oil may not go rancid as fast without, but nevertheless some oxidation occurs which may be pivotal for maximum therapeutic benefit? I will have to study this more! Everyone underestimates how long the Omega-6s and 3s will last in a preserved state when in reality, it will lose its potency all too soon even under cold temps.

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 1 post ]