Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 1 post ]   
 Post subject: tooth decay
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:15 am 
Site Admin

From a post by Dr. Rainey:

Quote:
My take on the book is that their conclusion is that sugar is the root of all evils in cariogeneisis, while my take at present is that the disease of caries is the result of innumerable causative factors, known and unknown, which together or separately can lead up to the perfect storm, which is loss of tooth structure directly related to microbial attack (caries). Regardless of the etiology leading to microbial attack, low pH seems to be the key to the supportive mechanism of a cariogenic plaque, which then gets into an extremely complex system of interactions with many potential paths to the threshold that results in caries. Control the surface pH of the tooth surface potentially under attack, and you can control the disease of caries. (Read below post.) Not as simple as it sounds.

Regardless of the etiology, once the parents step up home care, we can arrest most pediatric caries, particularly by jump starting the remineralization process with direct 03 application to wipe out the residual resident flora after stripping off the biofilm with a baking soda air slurry polishing. The patient will return with the same visible damage but with hard and shiny remineralized surfaces regardless of whether or not there was a major adjustment in diet. Open the attached PowerPoints and see for yourself what we do on a routine basis. Also note that there was no effort made to “restore” the anterior teeth. Restoration of anterior pediatric teeth is simply an unnecessary and invasive, traumatic procedure.

And again, many thanks to Bill Domb for personally introducing me to this marvelous adjunct to preventive dentistry, Ozone.

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 1 post ]