Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 2 posts ]   
 Post subject: Turpentine and COPD
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

This is an interesting post from Taffy:

Quote:
I do not post often, but recently had an experience that may interest others. My 94 year old mother has fairly severe COPD and breathing is often a serious issue. Recently, the oxygen machine we have for her malfunctioned and needed to go out for repair.

As life would have it, with no oxygen in the house, my mother had a very occurrence of not being able to breathe. The inhaler did not help.....we were close to calling 911.

I then thought of turpentine and the fact that I have read that British Naval Doctors for centuries would not leave port without a supply of turpentine, especially for respiratory problems.

I took a teaspoon of sugar and put just 3 small drops of turpentine on it....my mother drank it down with some water. There was quick relief. That was a month ago........I have been giving her between 2 and 3 drops of turpentine on sugar about twice a week.........she has not had a recurrence and has not needed the oxygen machine. The inhaler is now only used infrequently. Even though I am familiar with the benefits of turpentine, I could hardly believe the positive effect on the COPD problem she has.....amazing in my books!

Taffy

Look else where on this board for more in-depth study of turpentine and what types of turpentine you must only use. Turpentine might also be an excellent formula to put in a nebulizer with proper concentrations observed.

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post subject: Re: Turpentine and COPD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

In regard to lung problems, King's Dispensary writes:

Quote:
It has a tendency to diminish excessive mucous discharges, and has been employed with advantage in chronic catarrh, chronic bronchitis, fetid bronchitis, and pulmonary gangrene (in lung troubles by inhalation as well as internally), chronic dysentery, chronic diarrhoea, chronic inflammation of the bladder, gleet, chronic gonorrhoea, and leucorrhoea. The dose in ordinary cases is from 6 drops to 1/2 fluid drachm, and even to 1 drachm, at intervals of an hour or two in acute and every 3 or 4 hours in chronic diseases. In the course of its action it is absorbed, and imparts its odor to the breath and perspiration.

1 fluid drachm = 42.6 drops

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 2 posts ]