It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 4 posts ]   
 Post subject: Ozone IV
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:59 am 
Site Admin

Ozone Administration in Horses Judith M. Shoemaker, DVM
http://www.judithshoemaker.com

Quote:
My method of choice for systemic ozone administration in the horse is direct intravenous infusion of 70 ug/ml ozone in oxygen. Given at a reasonable rate (1-3 ml/sec), no significant side effects are usually encountered. I have administered thousands of ozone treatments in the last ten years with minimal reactions occuring only rarely. The most common reaction is an “itchy” nose if the administration rate is too fast. I usually listen to the heart the first time a horse is given ozone as the hyperoxygenation of the heart will slow the rate significantly and heart rates below 18 bpm can lead to syncope. In athletic horses, one and two degree heart blocks are common and will be more frequent during ozone administration. I reduce the rate of administration if blocks occur more often than every four beats, as blood pressure drops occur with lowered rate and two-degree blocks.
The hyperoxygenation of the gut can cause increased peristalsis and some horses show a very transient gas pain reaction. This usually occurs within 20 minutes of administration and lasts for, at most, 10-15 minutes. We usually give Rescue Remedy and Nux Vomica homeopathic and entertain them, and the discomfort resolves quickly. Severely toxic horses may have skin detoxification signs in a few days. Continued treatment creates phenomenal hair, mane, tail and hoof growth (up to 1⁄2” or more per month). All animals we have treated have benefited, and many have been “miracle cures”.

I have treated cases of laminitis, septic arthritis and tenosynovitis, lymphosarcoma, endocarditis, myocarditis, C.O.P.D., allergies, colic, lymphangitis, abscesses, osteomyelitis, fistulas (poll and wither), candidiasis, periodic opthalmia, melanoma, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Lyme disease, Babesiosis, West Nile, EPM, herpes myelitis, sinusitis, tooth abscesses, soft tissue infections, bladder and kidney infections and chronic liver and kidney disease all with successful outcomes. Many completely resolved very rapidly, even long standing cases that had been treated unsuccessfully with the best of conventional medicine.

The procedure is simple. Making the ozone with Genesis’ SST machine at 1/8 lpm flow of oxygen produces 70 ug/ml concentration ozone. Fill six 60cc syringes with the gas. Do not let them sit around, as the ozone will disintegrate the rubber of the syringe. One can use glass or non-reactive syringes; I just replace mine frequently. A 25-gauge needle (so bubbles are small) inserted in the jugular with a 24 inch IV extension set taped with duct tape is all that’s needed to administer the treatment.

Give 1-3 ml/sec. and “strip” the jugular periodically during the treatment as the gas can accumulate in the empty vien as you proceed. It is almost impossible to create an embolism in a horse, with this treatment, even if the vein fills completely, as the ozone and oxygen dissolve and are absorbed very rapidly.

Most often horses will look very content during and after the treatment. They soon look forward to it – especially if the first treatment is given at the rate described above and not faster. If an animal says his nose is very itchy or he seems uncomfortable after four 60cc syringes, we may reduce the dose to four syringes for 1-2 treatments. They usually tolerate all six after two treatments.
I usually recommend 8 treatments at 1-3 day intervals. I have treated animals with as many as 300 treatments over months with no side effects. Severe cases can be treated daily, but much older horses may want 2-3 days between treatments.

Even a few treatments will benefit, making other treatments more effective and accelerating healing. I often give a single ozone treatment after an adjustment and acupuncture session as the effects of other modalities of therapy are enhanced and any muscle soreness from reorganization and remodelling from joint reorientation are resolved and healed more rapidly. Ozone’s effects are enhanced by Procaine and pain control is profound in some cases. The concurrent use of antiinflammatories is contraindicated but is usually not needed, especially with homeopathic and/or neutraceuticals. One can use Palosein (orgotein) with ozone therapies. Please contact me for more details.

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post subject: Re: Ozone IV
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:06 am 
Site Admin

I have been doing RMDIV℠ since 1995. I have performed over 195,000 treatments. We now up to the rate of 10-11,000 per year. Yes, it is absolutely necessary to get a training in this to do it correctly. It cannot be learned from a book or a "paper". However I am attaching a complete description of my Method. I am not in favor of using a pump. I feel "everything" that is happening throughout the treatment through the syringe. I would considered it an honor to have you come and train with me.

Regards,
Howard Robbins MD

Concerning "Air embolism", this is absolutely not possible with my Method!

The main objection against all forms of DIV is the fear of “the danger of "air embolism". Robins Method of Direct Intravenous Ozone Therapy℠ (a.k.a. RMDIV℠) uses only medical grade oxygen medical ozone generators with sealed systems, along with ozone resistant silicone tubing and glass tubes (currently the Zotzmann Ozone 2000 from Germany). If you look up “Air Embolism” in the medical literature you may be surprised. Most of the reports come from neurosurgery procedures where air often enters the venous system, and where 'clinical manifestations' of Vascular Air Embolism [VAE] appear in about 45% of the cases. Anesthesiology references indicate those lethal doses of air in humans range from 200 to 500 cc of entrained vascular air, or 3 to 5 ml/kg. That's a lot of air (well beyond RMDIV℠) at 4 ml/kg, which would mean 280 ml of air for a 154 lb person in a single dose. Not surprisingly, one report cites a fatal case of 100 ml of air per second entering circulation during a subclavian venipuncture using a 14gauge (RMDIV℠ uses a 27gauge butterfly) needle. (Flanagan, Gradisar, Gross, and Kelly)

Also, it is not just the volume of air involved, but the speed of injection that also makes a difference (Toung, Roosberg, Hutchins). In fact, an anesthesiology textbook indicates that "The Lethal Dose" [LD] in humans can be exceeded if the air is entrained slowly, allowing for hemodynamic compensation. A bolus of air tends to lead to an increase in central venous pressure [CVP], a decrease in pulmonary artery pressure [PAP], and shock that is thought to be related to an air lock in the right ventricle. On the contrary, a slow infusion of air results in an increase in CVP/PAP, with compensatory increase in cardiac output" (Mongan). Non-lethal doses of VAE are reported as 2ml/kg or less (Bricker). In a 154 lb person, this would amount to 140 ml of AIR (not oxygen) entering the venous circulatory system. "The lungs appear to have a large capacity to compensate for air embolus within the pulmonary arterial circulation" (Emby and Ho).

Other reports indicate "clinical manifestations" of VAE start appearing with dosages of 100 ml or more, particularly in neurosurgery procedures where air often enters the venous system. (Mongan). Anesthesiologists are trained to look out for these 'clinical manifestations', and to apply corrective measures. In fact, one of the measures taken is to have the patient breathe 100% oxygen. The points gathered from these cursory reference examples are fairly straightforward:

--A VAE lethal dose is a lot of air in the venous system; it is around 280 ml in a 154 lb person.

--140 ml or less of air in the venous system is considered non-lethal in the literature.

--Non-lethal VAE cases are fairly common in neurosurgery, are expected, and anesthesiologists are trained to deal with them.

(2) The RMDIV℠ protocol falls well within safe parameters reported in the medical literature. Moreover, it is never AIR that is injected in the RMDIV℠ procedure, but pure medical grade oxygen with a small percentage of ozone. Therefore there is no danger of “air embolism” feared by other ozone authorities and organizations.

Given that the oxygen-depleted hemoglobin will absorb some of the gas, it would seem that staying below a single dose of 140 ml of oxygen/ozone would avoid even the "clinical manifestations" which the literature mentions, and which anesthesiologists must attend to in about 45% of neurosurgery cases. Almost all RMDIV℠ treatments never exceed 115cc, but range between 5 and 115cc.

In the future it would be in the best interest of the medical ozone world if all discussions of various forms of intravenous ozone therapy were kept in the area of scientific knowledge and not unsupported feelings and opinions.

REFERENCES:

Flanagan JP, Gradisar IA,Gross RJ, Kelly TR: "Air Embolus--a lethal complication of subclavian venipuncture -New England J Med, 1969 Aug 28;

Toung TJ, Rossberg, MI, Hutchins, GM: "Volume of Air in a Lethal Venous Air Embolism".- Anesthesiology, 2001 Feb; 94(2)

Mongan P. "A Practical Approach To Neuroanesthesia". - Lippincott, 2013

Bricker S: "The Anaesthesia Science"- Cambridge University Press, second edition, 2009

Emby DJ, Ho K:"Air embolus revisited-a diagnostic and interventional radiological perspective" SA Journal of Radiology. March 2006

Han D, Lee KS, Franquet T, et. al.: "Thrombotic and nonthrombotic pulmonary arterial embolism: spectrum of imagining findings - Radiographics. November 2003, Vol 23 (6)

O Donnell JM, Nacul, FE, Editors: "Surgical Intensive Care Medicine, second edition.. Springer, 2009

Muth CM, shank ES. Primary care: Gas embolism. New England J of Medicine. 2000;342:476–82

Fibel KH, Barness RP, Kinderknecht JJ: "Pressurized Intravenous Fluids Administration in the Professional Football Player. A Unique Setting for Venous Air Embolism". Clin J Sport Med. 2015; 25(4):e67-9

Platz,E:"Tangential gunshot wound to the chest causing venous air embolism: a case report and review" - The Journal of Emergency Medicine.41 (2).2008

Quote:
THE HEALING CENTER: “The world leader in DIV Ozone Therapy”

Dr. Howard F. Robins, DPM. Director 200 West 57th Street Suite 807 New York, NY 10019
Telephone (212) 581-0101 Cell 516-967-1009 Email: drhowardrobins@gmail.com

Robins Method of Direct Intravenous Ozone Therapy℠ (RMDIV ℠)

1. Pick the most proximal best vein by your best techniques

2. Fill a 60cc syringe with ozone at 55 gamma past the 60cc mark to about 65cc

3. Attach a 27-gauge butterfly.

4. Push 5 cc ozone out through the butterfly to flush it up to the 60cc mark

5. Apply tourniquet, Insert the butterfly into vein and watch for flash

6. Release tourniquet

7. Slowly push in the requisite volume. Begin with 20cc first treatment for person 90lbs.(40.8K) or more. Treatment time is about 1-2 minutes for 20 cc. Push rate is about 1cc every 5-15 seconds.

8. Increase by 10cc each treatment unless the patient has Herxheimer reaction, expresses discomfort, cough, chest tightness, facial flush, or vein irritation not helped by slowing infusion.

9. If there is vein discomfort, slow the push. Make sure there is no infiltration.

10. If there is obstruction, squeeze the arm above venipuncture site in “milking” movements toward the heart in order to relieve “traffic jam” (blockage) of gas.

11. Keep arms and legs extended and neck straight. Best to keep patient in semi recumbent position.

12. Always leave 5cc ozone in the syringe to keep syringe sterile. Syringe is reusable until you see a black ring
inside from plunger, or the plunger gets too stiff to move it, or graduation markings become obscure.

13. Keep the maximum treatment volume at 55 cc through treatments # 10-12.

14. Then you can add a second syringe doing the same method as above, increasing volume by 10cc each session to about 110 cc.

15. Always rotate veins and arms to avoid repeated trauma.

16. Can “sandwich” in a syringe of IV push GSH 1000 mg. dividing the ozone volume in half. Give half the amount of ozone, then the GSH, then the other half of ozone.

17. After butterfly is removed, patient must compress vein for 5 minutes without bending arm. Must observe patient for at least 10 minutes before the patient leaves. Note cough, chest tightness or anything unexpected.

18. Smaller veins need slower rate of push than larger veins. Have patient “pump some iron” with 2lb. weights before inserting needle.

19. Wait 3 hours in between 2 or more DIV treatments in the same day. Treat at least 3 times per week, up to 12 times (two per day) weekly. No treatments at least one day per week for body to process waste.

20. A cerebral paresis has been observed by Robins in ~1:10,000 treatments. A feeling of paresis may begin on one side of the body within the first 30 minutes after the push starts. It lasts from 2-30 minutes after DIV and has not led to any residual effects. It is only a feeling of weakness, not actual weakness. Never has happened with the first DIV, or during the actual treatment.

21. If the patient has experienced cough or chest tightness, do not increase the dose until he/she has the same dose again without any such experience.

22. If severe chest symptoms, give oxygen at 3 liters per minute via nasal cannula to speed the resolution of the chest discomfort. Do not let the patient leave until he is well past the symptoms. Make them wait 5-10 minutes after the symptoms disappear before patient leaves. Should be breathing O2 the whole time.

23. No deep breathing during the DIV injection, nor during chest tightness or cough. Shallow breathing only. Try to suppress any cough.

24. For vein irritation, warm compresses every 10 minutes, Traumeel cream, and as last resort, ibuprofen. To prevent vein irritation make sure the patient is taking vitamin C to gut tolerance every 2 hours, 5-6 times a day. Also drink 1 gallon of water everyday, and take Zana Bio-juice at least 3 ozs daily to replenish bacteria in intestinal wall.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

Note that 'Prof. Peter Jovanovic wrote:

Quote:
"About ten or so years ago we had noticed that when using high dose ozone and introducing it into blood with our RHP Medical Ozone Therapy method we would have fantastic results with any sort of cardiovascular issues, even three vessel disease with left main involvement. In essence, anything presented to us but it did take a while to correct, perhaps as much as 35 sessions. In any case we started to concentrate on these issues and the results were fantastic but there was a draw back and that was that we saw some cancer patients getting worse. When we looked at it in detail we found that the ozone was creating collaterals and angiogenesis at a rapid pace. It was at that time that we decided to not use ozone in those patients past second stage and most definitely after stage three. If we did, there was a format that we would follow.

We warned the industry of our findings but were mostly ignored as cancer and ozone became big business, I guess due to the always used quotes from Otto Warburg, which by the way are erroneously advertised and taken out of context but that is another topic. In any case, this article and report confirms what we are saying but only talks about HBOT, so, just try to imagine what ozone will do. Angiogenesis is not what we want when working with tumors or cancer, I think you can all relate to that.

http://www.bioportfolio.com/resources/t ... erapy.html

My answer to this:

For whatever it may be worth, how about this theory?

First, it is known that hypoxia promotes vessel growth ( angiogenesis). So how could ozone IV possibly cause hypoxia and thus, increased angiogenesis? Could it be that one is setting up what Johanna Budwig called an "oxygen bomb"? She wrote:
Quote:
". . . . Von Helmholtz had attempted to get more oxygen into the cell. He showed that when we treat doves who have become asphyctic (i.e. doves that have been fed in such a manner that oxygen absorption is blocked), with increased ozone or oxygen, they then die more quickly – and this is still the case today. If the “oxygen bomb” is set up in the hospital for a person with oxygen deficiency, then the sick person dies more quickly. If animals can be made asphyctic through a certain diet, e.g. bleached rice, then they suffocate and neither increased introduction of oxygen nor activation with any other possible substance will help. At this time we already knew vitamin A, B, C, D, and E, but this did not help. Prof. Linus Pauling for example had been involved with animal experiments and knew precisely that it had been published in 1951 that all vitamins had been investigated in searching for the respiratory activator for Warburg’s respiratory enzyme, but this had produced absolutely nothing, not even vitamin C."

Ok, I will try to explain this in simpler terms. Prof. Peter Jovanovic who works a lot with ozone therapy found that some of his latter stage cancer patients actually got worse when treated with ozone. No one seems to know why this is! He found that the cancer tumors at stage 2 and beyond, actually increased their blood supply by stimulating new blood vessels that fed the tumor when treated with ozone. Of course, this is very bad for a cancer patient, but opens up the idea of Johanna Budwig to her concept of the "Oxygen Bomb" and to me, seems to be the logical answer to what is going on here.

First it is widely known that hypoxia (lack of oxygen) will stimulate the body to increase blood flow by forming new blood vessels in a region that is oxygen deficient. So, how could ozone treatment in a cancer patient with deficient oxygen which supposedly caused the cancer in the first place actually make things worse and cause an oxygen deficiency (hypoxia)?? One would logically think if one could add oxygen to a deficient region of the body, it should help or maybe even cure! It may be that he is sitting up an Oxygen Bomb!

Budwig wrote that Von Heimholtz attempted to get more oxygen into the cells by using increased oxygen and ozone in experiments with lab animals, but found his test animals died much quicker, similar to how Jovanovic found that his cancer patients became worse off after ozone therapy. Von Heimholtz found that if he fed lab doves a diet that nullified their cellular respiratory metabolism and at the same time, treated them with ozone or oxygen, they would die very quickly. The key is prepping the cellular metabolism with the appropriate respiratory activator which allows the cells to be able to utilize oxygen BEFORE oxygen is supplemented in whatever form. Without this respiratory activator being present, ozone or oxygen therapy will actually make the patient worse.

Johanna Budwig found that this much sought after respiratory activator was the omega-6 essential fatty acid, Linoleic acid (LA). Her flaxseed oil in combination with cottage cheese, once supplemented, allowed the cellular metabolism to normalize and metabolize oxygen as it normally should. Without it, no amount of oxygen or ozone will help if the cells are deficient in Linoleic acid. This is not only true for cancer, but all diseases that are a product of a deficient oxygen syndrome and of which you think oxygen therapy might help.

So, I would like to warn that if you do use oxygen therapy, just make sure your cellular metabolism is ready to process that oxygen or you may actually get worse!?"

For more information on this aspect of cellular metabolism, go to my page on Budwig:

http://racehorseherbal.net/BudwigScience.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:33 am 
Site Admin

Also, note that pediatric oxygen regulators can be very inaccurate! Dr. Rowen posted this:

Quote:
Dear Colleagues,
I had a most interesting talk with Roger of Longevity Resources and he filled me in on a most important matter relevant to his machines. Just as Zotzmann calibrates the expensive German machine to a specific regulator, Roger has found the need to do the same with the pediatric regulators.

He found a 20-30% difference in what the dial says to the actual flow (he can analyze the flow as I can analyze the ozone). This alteration, especially at the low flow rates we use for syringes is more than enough to alter the ozone output of the machine more than the 10% grace we give machines. Hence, he has taken the outstanding step of matching his machines to a specific regulator and calibrating the machine to the regulator. That machine’s output will be matched to that machine’s regulator.

This connects most of the rest of the dots as to why there have been discrepancies in machines. I am really pleased he has looked into this as now we have a “domestic” machine matched to a regulator and calibrated specifically for that regulator. This should increase reliability of what we are doing considerably, and perhaps explain discrepancies in results and problems with veins.

Regards,
RJR

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 4 posts ]