Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2 
 Post subject: Re: Nebulizer solutions
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:36 am 
Site Admin

Tea tree oil might be another useful component in a nebulizer solution, particularly for fighting fungal infections. From a book on steaming tea tree oil for pulmonary infections:

Add 10 drops of tea tree essential oil to 4 cups or 237ml of a carrier.

Tea tree oil is not dissolve in water well. You will need to add it to ethanol, DMSO, or glycerin for solubility.

NOTE: Tea tree oil and other essential oils may dissolve some plastics, so be careful! It is best to only use this in glass nebulizer chambers.

OfflineProfileReply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:37 am 
Site Admin

The use of essential oils may be a very good source for good antimicrobial action. From:

http://www.rombio.eu/rbl6vol16Supplemen ... 0Alina.pdf

Quote:
The investigations on antimicrobial activity of seven essential oils against foodborne
bacteria confirmed the potential of plant volatile oils to be used in food conservation as
alternative to chemical preservatives.
The results suggested that the evaluation techniques described could be used as a
preliminary, qualitative step, which can determine the sensitivity of many microorganisms to
essential oils and select the oils with the best antimicrobial activity, in order to use them for
further evaluations. Disc volatilization method proved to be a useful method for simple
screening of antimicrobial activity of vapor phase of essential oils.
In our study, selected essential oils exhibit inhibitory effects against the selected bacterial
strains, both in liquid form and volatile vapors. The result of the direct contact
method showed that white thyme, oregano and clove bud oil were the most active
essential oils against foodborne bacteria. Gram-positive bacteria, B. cereus and S.
aureus, as a mean sensitivity against all essential oils tested, were less sensitive than the
Gram-negative bacteria E. coli and S. enteritidis, but the difference in susceptibility were not
that evident. By disc volatilization method only two essential oils represented by white thyme and
oregano oil were found highly effective.
The importance of these preliminary results is that pathogenic bacteria can be controlled using
plant essential oils. Further investigations include quantitative tests in order to
determine the concentration of essential oils (minimum inhibitory concentration) needed to exhibit
antimicrobial activity against food related microorganims in order to use them as natural
antimicrobial agents to extend the shelf life and increase the safety of the processed food.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:37 am 
Site Admin

Mixing DMSO with a sodium bicarbonate solution may be an excellent formulation for a nebulizer fluid as there has been work giving this formula IV. If it is safe IV, it should be safe via nebulization for lung infections, particularly fungal:

Quote:
Dimethyl Sulfoxide and Sodium Bicarbonate in the Treatment of Refractory Cancer Pain

2011, Vol. 25, No. 1 , Pages 19-24 (doi:10.3109/15360288.2010.536306

Pain is a major concern of cancer patients and a significant problem for therapy. Pain can become a predominant symptom in advanced cancers. In this open-label clinical study, the authors have treated 26 cancer patients who have been declared as terminal without the option of conventional treatment. These patients suffered from high levels of pain that was poorly managed by all available interventional approaches recommended by World Health Organization (WHO) guideline. The results indicate that intravenous infusion of dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) and sodium bicarbonate (SB) solution can be a viable, effective, and safe treatment for refractory pain in cancer patients. These patients had pain due to the disease progression and complication of chemotherapy and radiation. Moreover, the preliminary clinical outcome of 96-day follow-up suggests that the application of DMSO and SB solution intravenously could lead to better quality of life for patients with nontreatable terminal cancers. The data of this clinical observation indicates that further research and application of the DMSO and SB combination may help the development of an effective, safe, and inexpensive therapy to manage cancer pain.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:45 am 
Site Admin

It is always nice to hear responses out there to my ideas and protocols. I received this not long ago:

Quote:
I stumbled upon your web page accidentally a few months ago, and loved what I found! I am not into racehorses (although I've always said, in my next life that's what i plan to do) but am into barrel racing. I have been competing in Rodeo's and big races (we call 4D's, for 4 divisions) for over 45 years, so there isn't many horse injuries and illnesses I haven't encountered.

As you can imagine, we deal with bleeders all the time, and lasix has been the only tried and true thing we have available. However, testing has become more widespread and Lasix is frowned upon. I haven't used Lasix much the past 5-10 years, as i have been lucky to have health horses. I currently have a mare who has as many allergies as I do, and has bled a little pink snot a few times. I would not call it lung bleeding, but I worry that will be next. I have another big gelding who doesn't have the allergies but has bled dark red blood a few times on very hot days.

I took your advice and found an old nebulizer at work (I am a physical therapist and work in a rehab), cleaned it up and started using it. I made a milk-jug nose cover and it works pretty good. The mix I use is two large dropperfuls of collidal silver (500ppm), 1/4 dropperful of DMSO and 1/2 dropperful of H2O2. This has worked very well so far, with killing any infection I felt was coming on, and improving my horses' breathing. I do 3-4 tx a week. What a difference! I couid tell it on our very first run, so I know you are on the right track. I also use the breathing strips, and they seem to help too.

The first time I used the nebulizer was last Sept, just before Labor Day. I qualified for the Amateur Select World show in Amarillo, Tx, which is an AQHA sponsored show for ages 50+ competitors from across the US. I treated my mare on Wednesday, made an 8 hr drive, and treated her Thursday and Friday, when I made my first competition run. I qualified for the finals on Sat in second place. I treated her again on Sat morning and ended up winning the class and my first AQHA gold trophy, along with lots of other stuff and over $1000. That was pretty cool!

I would like to say Thank You for your article, it has helped my horses immensely. I am very picky and careful what I feed, using as natural to nature as I can, no synthetic vitamins or additives. I've spent the past 15 years researching nutrition. I believe nutrition and healthy horses are the only advantage I have over the competition, which is so tough and getting tougher every year!

Yours truly,
Vicky

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2