Username:
Password:
Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 2 posts ]   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

Equine non-sweating is seen quite often in some performance horses. It is often seen more prominently in the hot humid south. It was seen in racehorses shipped from England to Hong Kong in the 1950s which was curious. It seems to be often seen in horses that exhibit respiratory disease. Many think the thyroid is related to this problem, but I find that very debatable. The far more likely cause is that it is a skin infection for many reasons. It is just not easily cultured or diagnosed. We also know how susceptible racehorses are to skin disease, don't we? This just happens to be another one lacking the usual loss of hair, flaky skin, etc.

Lets look at other forms of non-sweating syndromes. Invasive skin infections such as blastomycosis often develop after a primary lung infection is established. Hyper-IgE syndrome (job syndrome) is characterized by eczema, lung/skin infections. This disease is an extremely rare disease and the cause is unknown, but the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus is believed to most commonly trigger the infection related to this disease. Other common triggers include Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Candida albicans, and the herpes virus.

I suspect that equine anhidrosis is a product of a skin infection. Accordingly, I suspect a skin wash and/or oral drench of MMS (28% sodium chlorite) may be of value. One may also want to try a protocol of dilute HCl injections as well. A Magnesium oil (magnesium chloride flakes in water) might be another protocol that should be used as a daily skin wash.

Lastly, one may also want to look into supplementation with L-tyrosine, cobalt (may be illegal under current racing rules), niacin, and vitamin C. Success of 30-70% is said to be had if this is used early.

OfflineProfileReply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Here is an interesting patent using sulfur as a remedy! Again, if my suspicions are correct, sulfur, used as an antimicrobial for many many years would be a logical medication to fight an infection! If sulfur seems to be effective against Anhidrosis, then just another fact that seems to suggest it may be infection based.

https://www.google.com/patents/US5939092

This patent involves a rather complex formula of sulfur which I suspect is totally unnecessary! Use just plain old sulfur dosages! As far as dosage suggestions:

Quote:
Sulphur.

"Sulphur—commonly called Brimstone—one of the earliest used substances in medicine, has always enjoyed, and continues to enjoy, considerable reputation, both in human and veterinary pharmacy, and no less as an external than as an internal remedy. In man, it is said to loosen the belly and promote the insensible perspiration; indeed, so to permeate the system, as actually to transpire through the pores of the skin in the form of the vapour of hydro-sulphuric acid, tainting not only the sweat, but the urine and other secretions as well, and having a stimulant operation also upon the mucous membranes of the body upon the membrane of the rectum, and upon the bronchial membrane; which accounts for the good sulphur has in times heretofore been said to have worked in pulmonary affections: indeed, so beneficial was considered to be its power over asthmatic and similar affections, that it was called, by way of eminence, "the Balsam of the lungs. And since," says Solleysell, "sulphur is the balsam of the lungs, the tincture must certainly be a very effectual remedy in this case." For the making of which valuable "tincture " Solleysell gives very full and particular directions; adding, that if such gentlemen as may "complain of the tediousness of the preparation can find a remedy to cure their horses with less trouble," he "promises them not to be offended at the happiness of their invention*."

Sublimed Sulphur was administered by my father, in conjunction with Professor Coleman, to three horses at the same time, with a view of ascertaining its medicinal properties, in ounce doses, for four days, without any visible alteration in either of them. During the four following days their doses were doubled, and yet no effect produced. For the five successive days each horse took four ounces daily, and still no effect—not even a laxative operation. One of the horses, while taking the sulphur, passed a number of long white worms (lumbrici, probably): how far the sulphur might have promoted their discharge, my father, from this single case, could offer no opinion.

* The Compkat Horseman, Part II, page 191. Hope's Translation, id cttit.

If horses can take four ounces of the flowers of sulphur a-day without effect, the quantity we are in the habit in our practice of giving, one would think, cannot do much good nor any harm. My own formula for diuretic mass is a compound of sulphur and common turpentine: I have never, however, attributed much if any virtue to the former ingredient, but rather regarded it simply as a vehicle for the latter; and the two amalgamate very well."

And NOW, one should consider sulfur as well for this disease!

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 2 posts ]