Log me on automatically each visit

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 am
Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 1 post ]   
 Post subject: Kidney damage
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:11 am 
Site Admin

Sandra wrote me:

Quote:
I have a filly that recently survived a serious bout with colitis. One of the main ingredients which saved her was mixture of Pepto Bismal, Fastrack, psylleium and diatonachious earth.

One of the results of the colitis is her kidneys were damaged. At this point she pees a lot because she doesn't concentrate her urine. The longer it goes before we can get this corrected the more likely her kidneys will give out. She is doing great otherwise--eating well, runs and plays in the pasture and is back to her old self.

Several people have mentioned giving her 2 oz of buccha tea leaves every day. Has anyone tried this? I have some uva ursi leaves which the bottle says is a natural diuretic. Are these the same? Everything I read yesterday said these were for kidney/bladder infections which she doesn't have.

My reply:

All very interesting, I would do more than buchu, though this is the classic equine herb remedy for the urinary tract. Diuretic herbs are used as beneficial therapeutic agents to 1) remove the blood toxins, 2) promote absorption and excretion, 3) Maintain the kidney function as an excretory organ, 4) lessen irritation of the genito-urinary tract, 5) antiseptic. Some Diuretics increase the urine flow by stimulating the kidney cells, others by improving the kidney blood circulation. Buchu, juniper berries, uva ursi, corn silk stimulates the cells/nerves of the kidney tissue.

You can go two ways, an infused tea or a tincture of the formula of the herbs, I recommend for kidney failure and other problems. The formula of herbs are:

50% of the formula.........fresh Juniper berries (Uva Ursi can be substituted)

50% of the rest of the formula in EQUAL PARTS

1........corn silk (probably be hard to find fresh now)
2........Parsley root (if possible use fresh, you may use the parsley tops--though less potent)
3........Dandelion root (dig up the fresh one, now)
4........Goldenrod tops (they are in full bloom now, use the fresh)
5........hydrangea root
6........gravel root
7........marshmallow root
8........carrot tops or watermelon seed/rind

Mix this all together, i.e. 16 ozs of juniper berries + 2 ozs cornsilk + 2ozs Parsley root + 2 oz dandelion root + 2 oz goldenrod tops + 2 oz hydragea root + 2 oz gravel root + 2 oz marshmallow root+ 2 oz of carrot tops or watermelon. Mix and chop all of this together via food processor. A standard infusion for humans is made by 1 part herb to 32 parts distilled water, i.e. 2 oz. of herb mixture to 500 ml of distilled water---pour 16 oz of boiling distilled water over one rounded tablespoon of this herb and let steep for 30 minutes. Strain. Horse dosage strengths should probably be 10 times that of humans, so perhaps you should try to infuse up to 10 rounded tablespoons of the herb to 500ml. Infusions are best prepared as needed.

I would also make a DMSO tincture from this group of herbs and give it in conjunction. I would make as strong a tincture as possible which means to chop up the formula of herbs, place in, say a quart jar, half full of herb and add enough DMSO to just barely submerge the mixture and let stand for 2 weeks. If you need some now, to start treatment, let it stand a few days, but 2-4 weeks is optimal. This should be done in a dark, warm place.

I would dose the horse via dose syringe with the infusion, two cups per session, three times a day. Higher doses may later be called for. Add to this infusion, 40 droppers full of the DMSO tincture. Human doses are 4 droppers. You may want to experiment, instead of dosing the horse, use this infusion as a mixture in a bran mash, etc. Though actual oral dosing would
be best.

Let me stress that fresh herbs are much preferred here in strength and therapeutic value. In a pinch, you can use dried herbs, but they are always suspect as to history, storage conditions. If you can not find all of the ingredients, use what you can find for now.

Also, massive doses of Vit C and/or alpha lipoic acid may be very beneficial in kidney damage.

Good luck,

OfflineProfileReply with quote

Post a new topic Post a reply  [ 1 post ]